I am hesitated to ask this question because it looks weird. But anyway. Just in case someone had encountered the same problem already... filesystem functions (fopem, file, file_get_contents) behave very strange for http:// wrapper
- it seemingly works. no errors raised. fopen() returns resource.
- it returns no data for all certainly working urls (e.g.
file returns empty array, file_get_contents() returns empty string, fread returns false
- for all intentionally wrong urls (e.g.
http://goog973jd23le.com/) it behaves exactly the same, save for little [supposedly domain lookup] timeout, after which I get no error (while should!) but empty string.
- url_fopen_wrapper is turned on
- curl (both command line and php versions) works fine, all other utilities and applications works fine, local files opened fine
This error seems inapplicable because in my case it doesn't work for every url or host.
php-fpm 5.2.11 Linux version 220.127.116.11-48.fc14.i686 (email@example.com)