Once upon a time, I changed my
ggplot2 font using using
windowsFonts(Times=windowsFont("TT Times New Roman")) to change it. Now I can't get it off of this.
In trying to set
theme() I can't seem to generate a change in fonts as I compile the MWE below with different font families.
library(ggplot2) library(extrafont) loadfonts(device = "win") a <- ggplot(mtcars, aes(x=wt, y=mpg)) + geom_point() + ggtitle("Fuel Efficiency of 32 Cars") + xlab("Weight (x1000 lb)") + ylab("Miles per Gallon") + theme(text=element_text(size=16, # family="Comic Sans MS")) # family="CM Roman")) # family="TT Times New Roman")) # family="Sans")) family="Serif")) print(a) print("Graph should have refreshed")
R is returning a warning
font family not found in Windows font database, but there was a tutorial I was following (if I can find it again I will update the link here) that said this was normal and not a problem. Also, somehow this worked at one point because my graph once used some arial or helvitica type font. I think this has always been a present warning even during the initial times migration.
when I run
windowsFonts() my output is
$serif  "TT Times New Roman"
$sans  "TT Arial"
$mono  "TT Courier New"
But, this is after I ran
font_import() so I can only conclude that my fonts are not being saved in the right place. The code that ran the
font_import() request actually loads the libraries with:
LocalLibraryLocation <- paste0("C:\Users\",Sys.getenv("USERNAME"),"\Documents","\R\win-library\3.2"); .libPaths(c(LocalLibraryLocation, .libPaths()))